Interested in KStars? Found KStars useful? Come by our mailing list and share your suggestions, and tell us what you liked / what you did not like. Any feedback and help will be appreciated.
If you know how to program, you're welcome to join our developer team! Get started by building KStars from source. The community wiki also provides resource about setting up your development environment. Most developer discussion happens on our mailing list or issue tracker, so if you need help, that's a good place to ask. KStars is written in C++ using Qt and KDE libraries.
If you are an astronomy enthusiast, there is our AstroInfo project.
Some pointers to get started
- Join our mailing list;
- Hang out on our KStars Web Chat channel;
- Details on building KStars git master are here;
- Some junior and not-so-junior jobs here!
- Git repository — hosts the latest code of KStars
- KStars API — KStars API documentation
- GSoC Guide — Google Summer of Code guide for new prospective students.
Not a Programmer?
Not a problem! There are plenty of other tasks that you can help us with to make KStars better even if you don't know any programming languages!
- Bug triaging - help us find mis-filed, duplicated or invalid bug reports in Bugzilla
- Localization - help to translate KStars into your language
- Documentation - help us improve user documentation to make KStars more friendly for newcomers
- Promotion - help us promote KStars both online and offline
- Updating wiki - help us update the information present in the wiki, add new tutorials, ... to make it easier for others to join!
- Do you have any other idea? Get in touch!